WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
Put on my braces yesterday afternoon (16 Feb). New addition to the family for the next 1yr 9mths.
I'm glad I've decided to pay more for the ceramics brackets; it looks good & best part- i get to choose new colours for the rubber thingy. To kick-start my 1st welcome, I chose orange(it's still CNY!) & purple. Slight discomfort cos of the edges and it does take some getting used to.
I am told I can eat normally, just gotta take small bites and pay more attention brushing my teeth. Have to be more demure (as pre-warned earlier after teeth extraction).
On my way to the dentist yestersay afternoon, felt bit nervous and empty. Weird feeling. Wasn't looking forward to the procedure. During the procedure, dentist kept telling his assistant, 'more cement pls'. Oh gosh! I kept repeating in my mind. 'What sort of cement? Is it gonna smell or taste weird?" I was clutching my hands rather tightly.. haha.. When procedure was over, I felt funny, like some human-ailen thingy where i have funny stuff (eg screws) in my mind.
Since last evening, I feel lazy to eat. Though I'm not experiencing great pain, food has suddenly lost its appeal to me. Hope this laziness goes away soon. I love my food too much to have its appeal lost on me....
No pain no gain; if you don't do it, you never know. Like what i always tell myself, I'm gonna live for the next 60 years, and by Dec 2009, I'm gonna have beauuutttiifullll teeth!!! But... reality sinks it, it's only Day 2...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home