Tuesday, June 12, 2007

OFF YOU GO ...

Yesterday 11 June, went back to see my doc for my persistent headaches again.
Doc immediately said, 'I'll send you for a CT Scan, cos your headaches been around for 2 wks".
He rang & checked the price, WOW... $450 and I can't use Medisave!!
It's expensive, but still much cheaper compared to private docs and much faster than thru polyclinics.

And he also gave me 3 days MC to rest rest rest and more rest....
Cos he's absolutely certain the headaches are work-related stress.
So, off he sent me packing...... to an 11.30 am appointment.

Rang home to tel parents, dad was silent on the phone... think he got worried.
Wanted to accompany me, but come on, it's just a normal scan.
Equipped myself with magazines, sent an sms to my boss that i'm out of action for 3 days...

At the hospital, lying on the machine bed.. seems like i'm in Starwars show
5 mins seemed forever.... and all those funny machine noises.

20mins later, x-ray's ready to be brought back to doc.. Doc said there's nothing detected in the scan,
I'm fine. Right now is just to rest rest rest.. I had to beg doc to let me drink a cup of coffee daily... oh gosh!!

Abt 10pm, ding dong.. the door bell rang. Thot it was dad returning fm his exercise.
Viola... It's May Wong and Henry. A card, a gift and a bright cheery sunflower in their hands!
So sweet of them to visit me... totally unexpected.
Think they were worried cos I'm hardly out of action like this

Chatted, laughed etc.... and it's put plainly in my face, i've been way too stressed abt work;
I've forgotten about many simple things in life.. things tat used to make me happy;
Eg blowing bubbles.. silly little stuff that takes my mind off.
Been a long time since i let my brains rest..
So, here it is.. after the scan, 3 days of MC, i'm gonna rest my brains, not dwell in work and just go have fun

So fun fun fun, rest rest rest.. here i come......


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home