STRETCH NIGHT & AN EVENING OF WACKINESS
Thurs nite 1 Mar 07 - had CNY dinner with my dearest LP48.
Lots of fun, slaming, jokes, connection...
Suddenly dear Chester suggested watching a movie!!! Oh no... I need to go home and sleep, I said. Then someone suggested movies on Fri and let's have a stretch. Let's book 24 tix and see how many LP48s we can get to come join us.
Ring ring.. hello.. hey, u free tmr nite? LP48's gathering to watch 'Pursuit of Happyness'. We're on a stretch. Throughtout the table, all 11 of us are suddenly call centres, talking and dialing every name we can think of. Same conversations popping out around the table. It was quite a sight, it's certainly been awhile since we did such impulsive thing.. I like it.
Lots of laughs, short conversations and connections over the phone... last count we had prior leaving the restaurant - 18, and in less than 40min. Great job...
Fast forward - Fri nite 2 Mar... great results, we managed to get all 24 ppl to watch the movie. Wondeful wonderful results. Everyone's happy seeing each other, hugs hugs here, laughs laughs there... jokes jokes.. same old same old stuff.
i jokingly tell one of them, what a great achivement we had. This is the preview to our 5th weekend on 7 April 2007. Suddenly I realised I miss my LP48 badly. I miss all the familiar voices, familiar faces around. Counting down... in slightly over a month, we're gonna gather together and have a fabulous 5th weeked, creating results and purpose in our lives again.
Thank you LP 48 (esp Chester) for the short stretch, it was indeed a stretch and we came out winning!! Yeah yeah LP 48, Nothing's gonna stop us now!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home