EXHAUSTED SAT ...
Sat 9 Dec was my cousin's wedding. Boy! It was such an exhausting day for me. At the end of the entire ceremony, I really felt as if it was my own wedding!
On Fri night, both of us went through the guest list till 2am and I couldn't sleep cos unfamiliar environment. Was up at 6am on sat, preparing, drinking coffee to perk me up (but it was instant coffee, yucks!) and taking photos of my cousin having her make-up and hair done.
Then.. haha the best part begins. When her husband and his miserable entourage of 3 men came... boy.. sabo time!! We had all sorts of yucky stuff they had to eat. Even I couldn't bear to put some of those stuff into my mouth... Bullied them like crazy and earn some extra cash from them before letting him in to 'claim' my cousin.
Fast forward - venue.... there were so many guests who didn't rsvp and turned up, some brought additional family members.. boy.. it was a real headache for the 4 bridesmaids... we already had max some of the tables with 12 guests, and we didn't have enough seats for some. So the MC and bridesmaids graciously gave up our seats and ate our food at the reception table.
After going through sat, I now finally realised how tiring and stressful and how alert and flexible one needs to be while handling such events. I really kudos to those wedding planners and event organisers. I can totally imagine the amount of stress and clamness they have to project at such events. It's really not easy, but it's quite fun too.
With 1 experience safely tucked in my pockets, I'm sure I can handle future weddings better. Supposed to be the maid of honour and organiser of the day for another friend's wedding next June.... well.. we'll see if my services are still needed.
Happy to see my cousin get married; seeing her dad wiping away happy tears, seeing some family members again.... Weddings are just another excuse to have a big family gathering where the masses meet, yack, laugh, eat, get drunk, take photos... Boy.. i do miss such ocassions at times.
Wonder who's wedding is coming up next to command another big family gathering...

2 Comments:
hahaha.. who else but your wedding lah.. I think alot of ppl been waiting liao lor.. LOL
Ai yoh.. my wedding.. don't think it'll take place anytime soon. Sigh.. you know my situation. If only i have a magic ward... but taking baby steps already. Patience my friend. hehe...
Post a Comment
<< Home