The Past Week (16 Jun - 20 Jun) ...
The past week has been a mad rush. There were endless external meetings to attend, changing of slides for an upcoming important meeting, chasing after targets.... and out all night for the week. Had dinners and classes. This week really went past too fast. I didn't even have time to really catch my breath and the days' are all gone.
Farewell for PW
It was also PW's last week in the office. We had a farewell celebration at Timbre at Asian Civilisation Musume for her on Thurs 19 June. It was a crazy, nosiy and funny evening. About 13 of us went, and I must say we really had a lot of fun and loads of laughs. We bonded well, 1 more to the scorecard. We bought her a bottle of Chivas and as usual, pen our last well wishes to her in a card. She was very surprised with the gift (naturally).
I'm glad our friendship with PW cemented in the last few months. She has opened up to us alot more, more relaxed and funny as usual. Wasn't holding back as much as before (our feedback to her too haha). She's going a well-deserved break and ready to start her new job mid jul and..... we are gonna be working rather closely haha.... Hers was a wonderful farewell. The atmosphere was so relaxed, everyone had fun in and out of office. It was just so different from the last farewell before PW where literally, a farewell party was non-existent and the person-involved didn't exactly leave on a high and fun note with all in the office. Well, it all depends on oneself, how we see and create our path is all in our hands. We are our own destiny's creater.
'Bring Your Kids to Work' Day
Fri 20 Jun - It was a Bring Your Kids to Work day. Of cos I had no kids, but I managed to borrow my 2 male cousins- Kian Wei & Kian Hui. They had so much fun. But....minding so many kids is indeed a tough job. I was exhausted by lunch time. Being a mother is indeed a job that requires alot of patience. I here by salute all mothers!! You are simply the best. The kids had a balloon sculpting session, magic show... and Mcnuggets for lunch. Then we were off to Fire Station for an exercusion. They had alot of fun. Both PW and I brought our 'kids in tow' to watch Kungfu Panda that afternoon. It was a funny show, but both Kian Hui and I fell asleep at various intervals. I was just so exhausted. Minding the kids were way much tougher than being desk-bound, and the crazy week I had could not even compare to 1 day being their caretaker.
Been feeling rather guilty cos have not visited nanny for almost 1 month. I wonder how she is doing. Must go visit her next sat, before attending Susan's Baby Chloe's 1st month party.
Today will be another relaxed day before back to more mad rush from tomorrow onwards.... I'm a survivor & I will survive!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home