Friday, July 29, 2016


Motherhood is never a straight road. I am a mum and mostly a monster in my kids' eyes. Why so?? Simply because if I do not put my foot down, my rascals would have reate many wars at home.

Am sure many parents  (and not just mums) resonate with me in some ways. Someone's gotta be the bad person right? Unfortunately the honour often goes to mums.

I am often the best friend/simply mama when they hurt themselves or get into a fight while playing. At times I am just a crazy monster yelling my head off just to get thEM to listen/quite nice down/keep their toys/stop fighting.... the list never ends.

I feel so tired just getting them to be good for 5 mins. I often end up saying the wrong things and actions and pay the price quite dearly when they say those dreadful words & use those actions when upset. What are those words/actions,  you might curiously wonder?? Words like 'shut up', 'get lost', 'leave the house', ' I don't want you' and pointing the index finger at them. Dreadful and terrible; you can must be shaking your head.
While I am aware I shouldn't use those words and actions, hell.... it dies the job most of the time. I am attempting to consciously reduce the usage as best as I can so I can set a good example.

Being a parent is darn tough. It's worse than exams and certainly no books can guide us in the right things to do/say. It is all about instincts and gut feel. It is about trusting yourself and decisions and be okay with it.

Motherhood is indeed not a simple straight road.

Till next sharing....


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home