Sunday, July 06, 2008

TEAM-BUILDING: PINS & BALLS

Our division had our team-building last Fri 4 Jul. What was the activity involved? Pins & Balls... Bowling + loads and loads of laughter!! 

Bringing myself back to Fri 4 Jul afternoon, we walked from Brash Brasa where we had our lunch at this place, 'Food For Thoughts'. With a full stomach, breezy day and about 15mins walk, I was kinda dragging the teambuilding session (just a tiny bit). But deep down, I know we'll have lots of fun. Why? Because the HRBD today is no longer the HRBD of the past. We are so tight and united that nothing will rock/smash/break the bond, trust, respect, co-operation we have for each other. It's somewhat to the point, we are willing to put ourselves in the firing line if there is a need to. (this is something that will never never exist in the old HRBD team, a team that was made up of selfish and timid individuals who thrives on cheap thrill...)

Anyway.... we went to SRC for bowling, thanks to JC's contact. The entire bowling alley was ours! We made so much noise, like over-aged school kids.. haha.. prob also stressed the receptionist a little. We were given 10mins of free play (such a sweetie) and then it was competition time! We were in different teams, names were pre-picked by BS and MJY, but no worries.... fun was the main and only ingredient of the day. 

After 3 rounds of bowling, our Dir suggested forming sectoral teams.. No sweat cos our retail team's the strongest! haha.. We had EC, RS, KW, JC and myself. RS was so funny..... and the retail team supported each other and encouraged and everything possible and positive were done. 

Aching arms, broken nails (!!) sore throats, exhausted. Just an afternoon of activity exhausted the entire brain cells of 18 adults. 

I really enjoyed myself, not just for the team-building activity, but with the division. Frankly, the turn of event was unexpected. It was such a quick twist in fate as if we were all together right from the start. I find it hard to describe my thoughts and emotions; all I know is we are a safety net for each other, we are there ready to offer help, support etc at the drop of a pin, we are ready to stand by and do anything just so work can be done in a swift. We are so so participative and engaging that I am absolutely certain other divisions are seeing red that HRBD has suddenly surfaced and taken over their glory. But hello.... glory we ain't interested; we are only doing our bit as employees and creating fun as we go along. 

I so love this new division. This is something I would never never never for the life of me, ever say 2years ago due to some ridiculous human beings and silly behaviours. But.... I am having so much fun and so much more motivated to put in my 150% in my work. I can feel my passion resurfacing in my work; I can feel my bounce in the steps I take; I can feel the heat in the work and results I create... wow..... 

Well, dunno when we'll be having another team-building session, but hey.. with such interesting workmates around, who needs a team-building session just to bond. What the hell!!! We are bonding better and better daily! 

3 cheers to the twist in fate that resulted in this change!!! 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home